Things to Know
Important information for all attendees of the Summerville Kitchen Tour & Pinwheel Gala!
The weekend kicks off with the Pinwheel Gala on the first Friday in October from 6:00-11:00 PM at Summerville Country Club.
The Kitchen Tour follows, taking place two days later (Sunday) from 1:00-5:00 PM
on President Circle in the beautiful historic downtown area of Summerville, South Carolina.
What you need to know about the Pinwheel Gala?
- This outdoor evening event takes place under the candle lit pavilion at Summerville Country Club, 400 Country Club Blvd., Summerville, SC 29483, with live entertainment by the Palmetto Dance Band.
- Dress is Cocktail Attire. For Women: cocktail party dress, dress skirt/pants and dress shirt. For Men: dress pants, button-down dress shirt, tie, suit coat (optional).
- Heavy hors d’oeuvres provided by local chefs, bakers, and culinary professionals will be served along side an open bar for your enjoyment. Please drink responsibly.
Did you know? The Pinwheel is the national symbol of child abuse and neglect prevention and focuses on positive efforts to ensure that all children have the safe, stable, nurturing families they deserve.
What you need to know about the Kitchen Tour?
- This is walking tour is of select homes on President Circle in Summerville. SC.
Comfortable walking shoes are a must. Guests are required to wear shoe covers, which will be provided, or go barefoot in the homes. Please do not wear high heeled shoes with covers.
- General parking will be available throughout the surrounding streets. After parking, proceed to the registration tents to check in for the event.
Registration tables will be located at the intersections of President Circle & Linwood Lane and President Circle & Simmons Ave. Parking is available on surrounding streets.
- Golf cart shuttles are available for anyone with difficulty walking.
- No personal photography allowed in the homes.
***REMINDER- THE KITCHEN TOUR IS FOR GUESTS 16 YEARS OLD AND ABOVE.
NO SMALL CHILDREN OR BABIES ARE ALLOWED AT THE EVENT. ***
We appreciate your support. 72% of your purchase is tax deductible.
To find out more about the cause behind the fundraiser, visit us at www.dorchesterchildren.org.
On behalf of our entire organization, thank you again for registering, and we look forward to seeing you at the event!
*The Kitchen Tour & Pinwheel Gala is a rain or shine event. However, in extreme conditions, Dorchester Children’s Center reserves the right to cancel the event. If the cancellation occurs prior to the commencement of the event, attendees will be notified of the cancellation by email.
Be sure to tag us using #DorchesterCAC, #ScrumptiousSummerville, #DCACDKitchenTour, #DCACPinwheelGala on social media!